Welcome to Victory Cigars’ Shopping, Shipping and Handling Policy
All shipping services are experiencing enormous volumes and consequently, delivery standards are not always being met. Please be patient. If you choose faster delivery times (expedited, priority, express) you still may find the package still takes longer than the posted time. Also, nothing moves on weekends and couriers/the post office are not open Saturday or Sunday. Thus, a priority shipment placed on Friday evening will not be accepted by the shipper until Monday morning.
Thanks for shopping at Victory Cigars, a family run business in Ontario, Canada. You have our personal pledge to make your online experience as delightful as possible!
As with any Internet shopping experience, there are Shipping and Handling rules that apply to transactions at the Victory Cigars Online Store. We are providing you with the following descriptions so that you will have forehand knowledge of the process.
Who Can Shop Here?
Victory Cigars store accepts orders anywhere in the World. Orders outside North America will be filled at our discretion; these will be handled on a case by case basis. If you have concerns please email us. Send a note to email@example.com )
Victory Cigars ships orders only to consumers; this online store is not for wholesale supply. You may not purchase products at the Victory Cigars Store for resale, and if we think your intention is to resell products then we may refuse your order.
Seven Great Reasons For You To Shop At VictoryCigars.ca
- Flexible Currency – You can view pricing in Dollars (Canadian, US or Australian), British Pounds; or Euros
- No Hidden Costs – Our pricing and shipping costs are transparent and guaranteed
- Protection under Law – Victory Cigars honours all International Trade Laws.
- Payment Security – we use PayPal, a trusted name in payments and credit card clearance.
- Global Diversity – Most of the products we sell originate in Cuba, Honduras, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, France, Italy, China, the USA or Canada. You share the wealth and support many economies when you shop with us.
- Physical presence – our location in Canada is open 7 days a week; we are not a fly by night website operator.
- Support Small Business – Victory Cigars is a family run business with under 10 employees. Supporting small business is good for the World economy.
The Basics of Shopping at VictoryCigars.ca
Placing An Order – We have a bricks and mortar location in Oshawa, just east of Toronto. We’d love to see you there, but some of you live quite far away. So you’ll find this website a useful way to buy various goods and accessories. On this site we want you to be able to do almost everything you could do if you visited our store. So you can browse items, add them to your cart, and then make a final decision about how to pay.
Ordering Methods – We can take your order online or by phone. With every order we record the date and shipping method for future reference. We may also follow up by contacting you once the parcel has arrived, to be sure you are satisfied with our service and product. If an item is not available, we will phone you to discuss an alternate selection.
Order Acceptance & Confirmation For Purchases – We’ll send you an email confirmation once we receive your order. Victory Cigars Store reserves the right to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Victory Cigars cancels an order and you’ve been billed, we’ll refund the full amount.
Shipping – We will ship your order directly to the address of your choice. In-stock merchandise shipping to North America will normally arrive within 4-6 business days. International orders can vary widely but typically take two weeks. We ship most of our goods anywhere in the World.
Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections
Victory Cigars reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at/on the Victory Cigars Store at any time.
If Victory Cigars reduces its price on any product you order within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, you may call the Victory Cigars Retail Store at 1-855-443-0194 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price.
We ship parcels by CanPar, United Parcel Service (UPS) or Canada Post. We have found all three of these services to be reliable and quick. To help monitor the shipment we’ll send you an email with a link and tracking number.
Your order may be delivered at any time during the business day – the specific time of delivery is not available
Your order can be shipped to your work address or an alternate address (e.g. as a gift). If shipping to an alternate address, please be certain to enter your Billing Address EXACTLY as it appears on your credit card statement (for verification). Then, in the Shipping Address, enter the address you wish to have your order shipped to. If it is a gift, please indicate that it is a gift in the “Comments” area so that a receipt with the price on it will not be included with the package. (If buying a gift, be sure to use YOUR phone number during the ordering process as we do not wish to ruin the surprise!)
From time to time we may offer promotions such as free shipping above a certain threshold. Be aware that the advertised threshold must be attained before any taxes are added. Also, we reserve the right to cancel or amend the free shipping promotion at any time.
All totals and taxes (if applicable) will be shown in your shopping cart before you click on checkout. You can provide special delivery instructions in the “Special Instructions or Comments About Your Order” field found on the “Step 1: Delivery Information” screen during the check out process. These instructions may include where to leave your package if you are not home (e.g. a neighbour’s house, the backdoor, etc).
• Business days do not include weekends. Weekend delivery cannot be requested.
• Canadian Residents – Sales tax is charged according to the Province or Territory to which the item is shipped.
• Some special product, order, or handling fees may still apply; these will be communicated to you before the order is sent.
• If you have a promotion code, the qualifying amount is the total amount of the products purchased before taxes and shipping.
Your order will be shipped with an Adult Signature Requirement, regardless of the package contents. When receiving the package, an adult must sign for it. Under no circumstances will the package be released if an adult is not present to sign.
Items Requiring Special Handling
Some items may require special handling and shipping methods (such as Expedited Shipping). You can find information about these items and their shipping requirements and costs by calling toll free 1-855-443-0194.
Canceling Items or Changing Orders
If your order has shipped it cannot be modified. Call 1-855-443-0194 if you’d like to attempt to intercept the package before it leaves.
For orders that have been shipped, you can confirm the date and method of shipment, an estimated date of arrival, and a tracking number, if applicable.
Paying For Goods
We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express cards, as well as PayPal. All credit cards are cleared using PayPal. You do not require a PayPal account to use their credit card payment service; simply enter as a guest and your experience will be seamless.
Duties and Taxes
It is the customer’s responsibility to be aware of and pay for any taxes or duties that are due on the order. Victory Cigars cannot and will not be liable for any taxes or duty. If you refuse delivery of the package, and would like a refund, the package must be sent back to us at your expense if the courier or postal service assesses return fees. If you refuse to do so and the package has to be abandoned you will not be eligible for a refund.
Occasionally packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, we issue a full refund (excluding shipping charges). We are unable to re-ship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you would still like to purchase items that were undeliverable, you are welcome to place a new order on our website.
What Causes Packages To Be Undeliverable?
Carriers may rate a package undeliverable for one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect Address – If the address is incorrect or outdated, the package is typically returned. Check your address carefully when placing an order.
- Address Mistaken For PO Box – This is important for Canadian purchasers. Only Canada Post can deliver to a PO Box number; we will ship to PO Boxes but it must be clearly specified in the order. If you’re a private mailbox holder (you use a commercial mail receiving service), do not use “Box” for your mailbox number; use # instead. This will ensure that your address is not mistaken as a PO Box, and that orders can ship to you via means other than Canada Post.
- Restricted Addresses – If the order is being shipped to a prison, there may be delivery restrictions associated with the items or shippers.
- Illegible Label – In rare cases, an address label becomes illegible during the shipping and handling process.
- Failed Delivery Attempts – Most shippers make three attempts to deliver a package. If the driver tries to obtain a signature and no one is present to accept the delivery after three attempts, the package will be returned to us.
- Damaged During Transit – Packages damaged in transit may be returned to us without the shipper attempting delivery.
- Recipient Refusal – If the recipient is not expecting a gift, they may refuse the package. If you still want to send a gift we suggest letting the recipient know that a surprise is on the way.
We believe you will be very happy with the products you purchase from the Victory Cigars Online Store. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. The only way to initiate a return is by calling Victory Cigars Support during our normal business hours (11 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT) toll-free at 1-855-443-0194. At that time, a decision will be made about the correct way to handle the issue. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your return is approved, send it back with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 30 days of the date you receive the product. So long as the item is returned within this timeframe we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. You will receive your refund in 2-3 weeks.
Items That Can’t Be Returned
Victory Cigars does not accept returns of the following items:
- Liquids such as propylene glycol, or Lampe Berger Fragrances
- Any product missing the serial number, UPC or its packaging
- Any item that does not appear to be in new condition
- We do not accept returns on products that were not purchased at Victory Cigars
- Bonus items must be returned together with the original purchase
- Seasonal items (e.g. Halloween, Christmas, etc.) after the event date
- Customized products such as monogrammed humidors, etc.
- Pipes sent out for pipe repair (claims should be directed to the repairer, not Victory Cigars)
- Tobacco products
- Clearance items (These are final sale)
Please note we do NOT accept returns without prior authorization. Many of the products we sell are delicate and there is the real possibility of damage if they are not shipped correctly. Please call ahead for specific instructions on how to package and ship.
Anything that is damaged in delivery may be returned for a refund (no exchanges). Do not sign for boxes bearing obvious signs of damage; instead, have the shipper return the product to Victory Cigars at their expense. Please note: No refund/credit will be given for shipping and handling charges, unless damaged, defective or Victory Cigars error.